jeudi 7 août 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo To Follow David Beckham's Footsteps


Cristiano Ronaldo has only been in the states for a few days and he's already causing quite a stir. For those of you who don’t know him, Cristiano happens to be noted as the world’s best soccer players.

Not only is he a good player, he’s got great looks too, just ask Paris Hilton, who was rumored to have thrown herself on the stud at a Los Angeles hot spot Tuesday night.

With big soccer stars such as David Beckham making moves to the United States, we wanted to know if we can expect the same from Cristiano.

When Hollyscoop.com caught up with him at the 2008 ESPY Awards in Los Angeles, Cristiano said that if LA Galaxy came knocking on his door, he would certainly consider the move. He seemed eager to follow in Beckham's footsteps.

In regards to making an immediate move to Los Angeles, the 23 year-old star tells Hollyscoop, “I have time, I prefer to play in Europe...it’s better in the moment, but the future, no one knows.

Indeed no one is certain of his future as there are talks that he might make a move from Manchester Untied to Real Madrid, the same team Beckham played for before he moved to the States.

Would Galaxy ever be an option for Ronaldo? “Yes, you know Beckham plays there and I spoke with him a few times and he says it's great to play here, so maybe in the future you never know. Maybe one day, I will play here.”

Cristiano, who was nominated for “Best Male International Athlete,” was excited for his nomination. “I feel good, when you work all season, all year to be one of the best players to be nominated," he says. "I feel very good,I feel very proud, it’s a good moment for me.”

The soccer ace adds, “I want to keep going like that. I want to improve every season.”

Cristiano is in a painful position right now with an injured ankle. With high hopes he says, “I do a good preparation, I am injured now but I hope to come back soon because I love to play football.”

In regards to all the girls drooling over him Ronaldo joked, “Maybe they love me maybe because I play good footbal.”

Aucun commentaire: